A lot of skin troubles happen during your teenage years. Pimples, acne and blackheads start to appear on your skin. Knowing how to take care of your skin is important. Here are some skin care tips to keep in mind.
- Avoid squeezing the problem area – Squeezing the area where the acne or pimple appeared will only make things worse. When you pick or squeeze the problem area, you’re only creating scar tissue. Just leave the area alone and don’t scratch, squeeze, touch, rub or pick your skin.
- Avoid scrubbing products – Avoid scrubbing products if you have acne or are prone to developing this skin problem. Scrubbing the skin will only make it worse. It could damage the skin and leave scars behind. Gently applying deep-pore cleansing products can clean the skin.
- Choose cosmetics carefully – It’s important to think twice before using a makeup product. Make sure that none of the products you are using contains oil. It is best if the products you use are natural and organic. Chemical-based products can cause pimples and blemishes all over the face.
- Use sunscreen lotion or cream – If you spend a lot of time outdoors, it’s best to apply a sunscreen cream or lotion to prevent the skin from getting damaged by environmental pollutants such as smoke or sunlight. Most teens, however, don’t even think about it until they go to the swimming pool or beach. Teens that are taking medications and suffering from acne should be very careful as these medications can make them more vulnerable to sunburn. Using sunscreen cream or lotion whenever possible is, thus, recommended. You may be tempted to use tanning lotion, but it can make your skin less oily as it is not suitable for the skin of teens.
- Be gentle with your skin – Many think that their skin will look better if they keep on cleaning it with a strong soap to remove all the oil from the problem area. This is definitely wrong. The skin only loses moisture when do this. You don’t want your skin to lose moisture. Regardless of your skin type, always be gentle when cleansing. Use a mild cleanser or soap to clean your skin.
The skin is the largest organ of the human body and taking good care of it is a must. Visit http://petuniaskincare.com/ for more tips on how to take care of your skin.